The Digital Executive Producer will lead and coach the newsroom staff on best practices for engaging and influencing the online content consumer’s behavior. This individual must be both a solid journalist and a strategic thinker. We are looking for a candidate who has the vision, creativity, and courage to explore new frontiers and take our web, mobile and social initiatives to new heights.
- Use all the current and emerging tools and technology to develop, implement, and track a strategy that benefits content consumers and supports the organization’s multi-platform goals
- Lead interactive team by setting aggressive goals, providing feedback, and holding them accountable
- Train, coach, mentor individuals and groups for maximum performance
- Work hand-in-hand with broadcast-focused peers to develop robust multi-platform content coverage plans
- Collaborate with news and station leadership team to leverage digital platforms to drive broadcast ratings and strategize ways for broadcast to drive digital metrics
- Increase, maintain, or achieve #1 positions in all significant digital metrics
- Support digital/interactive sales initiatives and goals
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Mass Media preferred; equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years of experience working for a news organization or related digital media industry/company preferred
- Strong understanding and use of WordPress
- Advanced knowledge of AP style
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, 360 video technologies, Videolicious, live streaming platforms, Google Analytics
- Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule as well as some holidays
Company InfoTribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching approximately 50 million households, national entertainment cable network WGN America, whose reach is more than 77 million households, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 54 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV, and Covers Media Group, an unrivaled source of online sports betting information. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel.