Hello, I'm AG. I’m a creatively-driven brand strategist at heart, as well as a true hybrid. My experience spans commercial thinking, social, experience design, content publishing, entertainment and product innovation. I also love building teams.
Back at BBH for round 2!
My areas of focus are:
- Building the agency model of the future through our new venture in IP development, without or without brands, but in any case leveraging the BBH story-telling expertise;
- Making great work that works for Google, NBC Universal and our other strategic partners
- Agency growth through organic and new business development
- Growing and mentoring a team of progressive, bad ass strategists.
Senior strategic consultant for creative agencies, progressive brands and start ups.
- Research and Innovation projects for Boots/ Walgreens and Sony Music, via Redscout
- Alexander McQueen brand platform
- Helping start-up founders define their product and strategy (Sidekick, Mucho)
I was part of the agency’s leadership team, collectively responsible for the extensive restructure of the BBH business at the start of 2015, and personally led agency-wide initiatives such as a vast up-skilling programme called BBH Skills. The programme was initially developed in London, then rolled out to Mumbai and Singapore.
I led an extended group of 45 people, with 20 direct reports. In my time as head of department, I brought the ‘Connected Specialisms’ model to life by building networks and partnerships across the discipline, helping bring brand strategists, UX experts, data and content specialists together into a single strategic collective. I also created new tools and systems to improve the quality of our training, recruitment, and on-going talent development
I joined the Labs team in 2010 and the first year was spent building BBH’s social proposition (with the Yeo Valley project). As the leader of this team, I designed and ran a series of digital up skilling programmes for the BBH network, created a new agency process, and over-hauled our content publishing strategy.
In partnership with BBH ZAG and Ladder, we developed a marketing agency proposition for the start-up market, leading to a few successful projects (World of Tanks, Geronimo).
I was part of the team who won the pitch and developed the new strategic positioning and work for the launch of Stella 4% and the relaunch of Stella Artois masterbrand. I also worked on Boots (‘Moment of Truth’) & Dr Pepper (‘What’s the worst that could happen?’).
We initiated the repositioning of the Canal+ brand across key editorial pillars, and I was part of the experimental unit of the agency, ‘Le Labo’. We developed new content platforms such as micro-sites (which was cool in ’05) and Air France’s mobile app, the first ever app created for an airline (still cool).